In 2013 it was nominated by Bloomberg Business Week as the best place to raise a kid in Illinois.
Geneva was first settled in the 1830s on an important route from Chicago.
Daniel Shaw Haight was the first settler in Geneva.
Haight sold his claim in 1835 to James and Charity Herrington, who were influential in the creation of the town of Geneva. Richard Hamilton, a prominent Cook County politician, led to the naming of Geneva as county seat in 1836.
Geneva has been home to the Kane County Cougars of the Midwest League since 1991 when the Wausau Timbers relocated to Geneva from Wausau, Wisconsin.
Geneva is served by Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW), Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD), and Dupage Airport (DPA).
The area is currently experiencing a high level of population growth as Chicago's urban sprawl spreads farther west.
There were 6,718 households out of which 45.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 68.0% were married couples living together, 6.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 22.8% are non-families.
Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories is a NVLAP accredited acoustical testing agency founded by Wallace Clement Sabine in 1918.
The acoustical laboratory building was funded and built by Colonel George Fabyan on his vast Riverbank Estate in Geneva, IL.
The house was owned by Henry Bond Fargo, a prominent local businessmen who brought several early industries to Geneva.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on May 12, 2008.